Nebraska City (October)
Military Assistance Program (MAP) – VFW Department of Nebraska
The purposes of the corporation are fraternal, patriotic, historical, charitable,
and educational, and are:
1. to preserve and strengthen comradeship among its members;
2. to assist worthy comrades;
3. to perpetuate the memory and history of our dead, and to assist their widows and orphans;
4. to maintain true allegiance to the Government of the United States,
5. and fidelity to its constitution and laws;
6. to foster true patriotism;
7. to maintain and extend the institutions of American freedom; and
8. to preserve and defend the United States from all enemies.
A Military Assistance fund exists to help veterans and their families when they need assistance (rent, utilities, food etc.).
A note from LOCATION on why they chose to support the Military Assistance Program (MAP) – VFW Department of Nebraska...
The MAP program is important to those of us in the Nebraska City location because each of us have some type of experience with the military – whether it was directly with family or indirectly through friends. Those serving in the military provide us the freedoms we have today. After much discussion amongst ourselves, we felt that we wanted to show our gratitude for this service and give back by having this be our charity.
“For every new Facebook fan on First Nebraska Bank’s Facebook page, First Nebraska Bank will make a $1 donation to the various location charities of up to $500 per month, or a total of $6,000 during the promotion period of January – December, 2014.”